Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This is a traditional bengali specialty. Poppy seeds and potatoes are definitely a match made in heaven!
Top Review by JustJanS
These potatoes were good and worked well with the beef curry we had them with. Just one problem-there is no way raw potato could cook in the time given and the way the instructions read, so I had to assume I was supposed to use cooked cubed potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds (khus-khus)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 whole dry kashmiri red chilies, broken into pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 teaspoons green chilies, finely chopped
- 4 cups potatoes, cubes, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- 1.Dry roast the poppy seeds on a tava (griddle) for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 2.Grind coarsely in a mixer and keep aside.
- 3.Heat the oil in a pan, add the red chillies, turmeric powder, ground poppy seeds and green chillies and sauté for 1 minute.
- 4.Add the potatoes and salt and toss well.
- 5.Serve hot.