Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Spicy potatoes, tomatoes and onions with an Indian kick.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lb potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Lightly brown onion in oil in medium skillet.
- Stir in salt cayenne turmeric and cumin.
- Add potatoes and cook 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes; cover and cook until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.
OOPs my mistake on first comment, my bad. What I wanted to say was when I saw the combination of the ingredients with potatoes, I thought to my self wow! that sounds good and a different way to make potatoes. The only thing I will do is cut the oil in 1/2 and microwave the cut up potatoes for a soft center and then cook with onions til nice and crispy. Oh yeah!!! looks like this is my side dish for dinner tonight. Thanks!! ;-)
awesome! i actually add chopped chicken that i fry on the side and serve it over quinoa prepared in chicken stock with cilantro. i also garnish this with cilantro and a touch of yogurt sauce. SUPER YUM!!!
Awesome potatoes! The spices are just right. I cut some fat and calories by using only 1/8 cup of (olive) oil and made up the other 1/8 cup with water. It worked wonderfully. I garnished with chopped cilantro leaves. Thanx for sharing this potato dish!