Aloo Parantha (Potato Parantha)
- Put the flour, oil/ghee and all the ingredients (except the water) into a large mixing bowl.
- Rub together to form a crumbly mix.
- Now slowly add water, a little at a time and knead well to make a smooth, pliable dough.
- Cover and set aside for an hour.
- Divide the dough into golf ball-sized portions and roll between your hands till they are smooth and without cracks.
- Very lightly flour a rolling board or clean counter surface and roll each ball into a 7-8" circle. For convenience roll out as many parathas as you like, stacking them, ready to cook with a layer of cling film between each paratha.
- Heat a griddle and fry the parathas one at a time like this: Put a paratha on the griddle. Do the first flip when you see tiny bubbles rise on the surface of the paratha. As soon as the first flip is done, drizzle a bit of oil on the top and spread well over the surface of the paratha. Flip again in 30 seconds and drizzle oil on this surface too. The paratha is done when both sides are crispy and golden brown.
- Serve with chilled yogurt and your favourite pickle or chutney.