1/3 Photos of Aloo Palak (Indian Potatoes & Spinach)
I got this aloo palak recipe from daawat.com, but have adjusted it slightly to my liking. It will serve two as a main course when served with naan bread or rice, or four as a side dish. If you like it a little milder deseed the chilies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g spinach, fresh or frozen
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 -2 green chili, chopped with seeds
- 200 g waxy potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 tablespoons ghee or 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh cream (optional)
- 1In a pan cook the spinach with garlic, ginger, onions and the green chilies for about 5-10 minutes.
- 2Remove from the pan and blend to a fine puree and keep aside.
- 3In the meantime boil the potatoes with salt and turmeric until done, apprximately 10 minutes and set aside when done.
- 4Heat ghee in a pan, fry cumin seeds along with spinach-onion paste and simmer for a few minutes.
- 5Add the cooked potatoes, garam masala, coriander and cumin powder and a little water if needed.
- 6Simmer for few minutes till the potatoes absorb the flavor.
- 7Add fresh cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aloo Palak (Indian Potatoes & Spinach)
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.3
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 65.5 mg
- Sodium 134.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: