Serve the aloo methi hot with chapati or paratha.
Make and share this Aloo Methi recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups mustard greens, leaves (fenugreek, cleaned, washed and finely chopped)
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 medium tomato (chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed (jeera)
- 3 whole dried red chilies
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced finely
- Heat oil and add onion and fry till golden. Add cumin seeds and dry red chilies.
- When cumin seeds are done and chilies turn brown add salt, turmeric, chili powder and chopped tomato. Sauté foe a moment.Add methi and 1 cup water and cook on a medium flame.till done and till water is fully absorbed.
- Now add potatoes and 1/2cup water and mix well. Cook till potatoes are done.