roja khan's Note:
serve with rice or naan or roti
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g potatoes
- 350 g green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion (coarsely chopped)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic (crushed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 -3 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- 3 green chilies, sliced
- 1Peel and cut potatoes into small cubes. Use fresh peas, if possible. If using frozen peas, soak them in water for 15 minutes before cooking.
- 2Heat oil in a medium skillet, add onion and fry until the onions are soft and the edges are brown.
- 3Add crushed garlic and ginger and stirring frequently fry these for two minutes. Then add chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt, stir once and quickly add chopped tomatoes and 3-4 tablespoons of water.
- 4Stirring constantly fry tomatoes on medium-low heat for 5 -8 minutes or until the tomatoes are reduced to pulp, mashing tomatoes with the back of the spoon. Add little water if the mixture sticks to the bottom of the skillet.
- 5Put in potatoes, peas and 1 cup of water and stir to mix the ingredients. Bring the mixture to boil over high heat, and then reduce heat to low, cover and cook on low heat for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and most of the water has evaporated. Add more water for thin gravy and adjust the seasoning with salt.
- 6Just before serving sprinkle with garam masala, finely chopped coriander leaves and sliced green chillies.
Browse Our Top Pakistani Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pakistani Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aloo Mattar
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.8
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2661.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 10.1 g