Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Indian Vegetarian Cooking by Michael Pandya. Posted for ZWT.
Make and share this Aloo Matar Rasedaar recipe from Food.com.
- 5 tablespoons ghee
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- chopped cilantro
- Heat ghee and saute onion and garlic over medium heat until golden.
- Add cloves, bay leaves and cinnamon.
- Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add garam masala, chile powder, turmeric, coriander, tomatoes and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add potatoes and peas.
- Pour in water and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover the pan and simmer gently for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.