Delicious concoction I created. It's tasty, my husband loves it, and it's even better with paneer!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large potatoes, raw, cut into cubes (aloo)
- 1 cup peas (matar)
- 1/2 cup paneer cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 green chili pepper, minced (adjust for preference on spiciness)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (to garnish, coriander)
- 1Heat oil in pressure cooker if you have one. If not, any pot/pan will do.
- 2Add onions and stir constantly until slightly brown.
- 3Add garlic and ginger to onions and stir constantly until mixture is brown.
- 4Add tomatoes and green chili to mixture and stir constantly for 3-5 minutes (if you find the mixture sticking to the pan, add a few tablespoons of water).
- 5Add salt, turmeric, black pepper, paprika, red chili, and garam masala, stir for 30 seconds.
- 6Add potatoes and peas (and paneer, if using) and stir for 2 minutes.
- 7Add cup of water and stir until water mixed in
- 8Close pressure cooker and cook for 1 whistle, take off burner, release pressure (or cover pot/pan and cook for 10-15 minutes (until potatoes cooked), stirring occasionally to prevent food from sticking to bottom of pot/pan).
- 9Garnish with cilantro (coriander).
- 10Serve hot with basmati rice or roti and cucumber raita. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aloo Matar (Paneer Optional)
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.9
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 796.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: