1/4 Photos of Aloo Matar Ka Pulao ( Indian Rice With Potatoes and Peas )
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Found the recipe on an Indian cooking website & believe it to be the same dish that my friend Raksha used to make for me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups basmati rice (or long grain rice)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter (or ghee)
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup shelled green peas
- 1 cup potato, peeled and chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons powdered coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon powdered garam masala
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 cups water
- 1Wash rice and soak in 2 cups of water for an hour. Drain well.
- 2In a heavy pan, heat the butter and add the cumin and the ginger.
- 3When the ginger becomes a light brown, add the peas and potatoes, coriander, garam masala, salt and turmeric. Stir-fry till well mixed.
- 4Add the drained rice & 4 cups of water, bring to a boil uncovered, then lower the heat to simmer and cover. The rice should be done in 10 minutes.
- 5Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aloo Matar Ka Pulao ( Indian Rice With Potatoes and Peas )
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.6
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 1819.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 10.7 g