Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is for people who are more into spicy desi food. U can serve these kababs as appetizers, with Daal Chawal or even make Bun Kababs from them. For people who like their kababs crispier they can roll the kababs in bread crumbs after dippen them in eggs. Also before making every kabab if u put some oil in the palm of yr hands they won't stick & the shape would come out better.
- 2 kg potatoes (boiled, peeled & grated)
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 6 teaspoons red chili powder
- 8 teaspoons mango powder (amchoor powder)
- 4 green chilies (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons mint (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons coriander (chopped)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup oil (or as desired for frying)
- Put the already boiled & grated potatoes in a big bowl.
- Add all ingredients except eggs & mix well.
- Take a small amount of this mixture in the hand and flatten to a disc shape.
- Dip in beaten eggs & then fry in a pan on medium high heat till they turn golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup, chutney, raita or as a side dish with anything.
I thought these were delicious. I did cut down on the spice a good deal (as you warned about how spicy they were in the description) - I only put 2 green chilies in (not 4) and they were still quite piquant! I may have overcooked the potatoes - they were mashed-potato-like, i.e. not 'grateable'. Regardless, this is a wonderful recipe. I served them with your chickpea pulao and tamarind/cilantro dipping sauce and some raita. Great! Thank you! Reviewed for PAC Spring 2009
I tried this recipe today. The kababs came out so delicious. This recipe is a keeper! Thanks for sharing.
This was a great recipe! Very easy and quick to make and it turned out amazing... ive recently started cooking so for the first time in weeks i actually felt proud of the way this turned out. Thanks for sharing this delicious receipe!