Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A friend of mine was traveling thru Delhi on an Indian Camera Safari when she had this for breakfast at the hotel the tour company had booked.
- 6 medium potatoes, boiled
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 3⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1 green chili pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (any variety you want)
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt (optional)
- Peel the boiled potatoes and cut into cubes.
- In a large frying pan or skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat. Add the cumin seeds and let these sizzle in the oil until they start popping (about 1 minute).
- Add the chopped green chili pieces and stir fry for a minute. Add the potato cubes and mix well with the cumin seeds and chilies.
- Sprinkle the turmeric powder, chili powder and salt. Saute the potatoes for 3 minutes. Mix again and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves. Mix again and allow to crisp up for at least one minute. Serve hot.