1/7 Photos of Aloo Gobi
Great aloo gobi recipe from the film Bend It Like Beckham
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, separated into stalks and leaves and roughly chopped
- 1 small green chili, chopped into small pieces (or one teaspoon chili powder)
- 1 large cauliflower, leaves removed and cut evenly into eighths
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into even pieces
- 2 (8 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan.
- 2Add the chopped onion and one teaspoon of cumin seeds to the oil.
- 3Stir together and cook until onions become creamy, golden, and translucent.
- 4Add chopped coriander stalks, two teaspoons of turmeric, and one teaspoon of salt.
- 5Add chopped chillis (according to taste) Stir tomatoes into onion mixture.
- 6Add ginger and garlic; mix thoroughly.
- 7Add potatoes and cauliflower to the sauce plus a few tablespoons of water (ensuring that the mixture doesn't stick to the saucepan).
- 8Ensure that the potatoes and cauliflower are coated with the curry sauce.
- 9Cover and allow to simmer for twenty minutes (or until potatoes are cooked).
- 10Add two teaspoons of Garam Masala and stir.
- 11Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves on top of the curry.
- 12Turn off the heat, cover, and leave for as long as possible before serving.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aloo Gobi
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.9
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 335.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: