Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very simple and great with flatbread
Make and share this Aloo Gobi recipe from Food.com.
- Seperate the florets from Cauliflower. Wash & drain.
- Cut Potatoes into Chunks.
- Heat Oil in a Pan , add Onions & fry till translucent. Dump in the methi seeds and fry for one more minute.
- Add ginger, garlic Paste, stir,then Mix in Potatoes and cover to cook.
- When the Potatoes are half done , add the cauliflower,tumeric & salt. Cover to Cook.
- Open afer a few minutes, add all the dry powders & mix. Continue cooking till the potatoes are extremely tender and soft.
- Garnish with Cilantro leaves and Serve hot with Breads, Rice, Rotis or as a side dish.
This is very yummy. I was confused on how much canola oil to use and I used too much . I suggest 1 tbs. I used powdered ginger and extra fresh minced garlic because I didn't have any onions! Had over buttered white Basmati rice with raita. I would make this again as it is better tasting and quicker than the recipe for Aloo Gobi I had been using.
This was a perfect lunch! I didn't have any methi seeds, and added a touch of cayenne to heat up the chili powder just a bit. Instead of frying I roasted the potatoes in the oven for approx 30 min then added the cauliflower for the last 15 minutes, it was wonderful!
I found it a bit confusing to follow this recipe but the flavour was very good. I used fresh minced ginger and garlic, omitted the methi seeds and reduced all the spices by about 1/4.