Recipe by tunasushi
Very simple and great with flatbread
Top Review by UmmBinat
This is very yummy. I was confused on how much canola oil to use and I used too much . I suggest 1 tbs. I used powdered ginger and extra fresh minced garlic because I didn't have any onions! Had over buttered white Basmati rice with raita. I would make this again as it is better tasting and quicker than the recipe for Aloo Gobi I had been using.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 4 potatoes
- 1 teaspoon methi seeds
- 1 onion, chopped lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
Directions See How It's Made
- Seperate the florets from Cauliflower. Wash & drain.
- Cut Potatoes into Chunks.
- Heat Oil in a Pan , add Onions & fry till translucent. Dump in the methi seeds and fry for one more minute.
- Add ginger, garlic Paste, stir,then Mix in Potatoes and cover to cook.
- When the Potatoes are half done , add the cauliflower,tumeric & salt. Cover to Cook.
- Open afer a few minutes, add all the dry powders & mix. Continue cooking till the potatoes are extremely tender and soft.
- Garnish with Cilantro leaves and Serve hot with Breads, Rice, Rotis or as a side dish.