Recipe by Mini Ravindran
This is one of the tastiest dishes that my grandma makes ! She garnishes the same with fresh green corieander leaves.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
This was a nice curry, and looked lovely. I found this very filling and it tasted good. It was just a bit too spicy for our tastes (and we do like things very hot, this was a little too hot). Next time, I would perhaps add some additional seasonings and cut down on some of the heat.
- 4 big cubed, boiled/microwaved potatoes
For the puree
- 2 onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 piece ginger (very small)
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper
- 4 cloves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all the ingredients of puree to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick heavy base skillet and when medium hot put cloves.
- Now add all the spices and wait for 10 seconds.
- Add the puree and saute for 2-3 minutes till the raw smell is gone and oil appears on the sides of the skillet.
- Add 2 cups of water and the potatoes.
- Let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with rice, Indian roti, paratha etc.