Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Taken from Margeret Fulton's book of Indian Cooking. Cooking time is estimated.
Make and share this Aloo 'Chops' recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and ginger and fry until golden.
- Add the ground coriander and beef and fry until brown.
- Add the raisins and salt to taste and simmer for about 20 minutes, until the meat is cooked. Spoon out any fat in the pan.
- Stir in the chopped coriander and leave to cool.
- Divide the mashed potato into 8 portions. With well floured hands, flatten a portion on one palm, put 3 teaspoons of the meat mixture in the centre and fold the potato over it. Form gently into a round patty shape.
- Dip the 'chops' lightly in flour and shallow fry a few at a time in hot oil, until crisp and golden, turning carefully to brown the underside.
I should have tried this later on in the month, because it's a Fall recipe. I did love it all the same, and there wasn't anything about it that overpowered the rest of the recipe. I do love the addition of the ginger, too.