1/1 Photo of Aloo Channa Tarkari (Potato and Garbanzo Beans in a Curry)
This is a classic breakfast item, best served with puris or parathas. It can also be served as a side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 kg potato, boiled and cubed
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper, crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nigella seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2-1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 -4 tablespoons lemon juice
- yellow food coloring
- 1heat oil and add cumin, fennel, fenugreek, mustard seeds - stir fry 1-2 mins till fragnant and crackling.
- 2add cubed potatoes and garbanzo beans and 2 - 2 1/2 cups of water and salt.
- 3add a drop or two of food color, crushed black pepper, crushed red chillies and turmeric.
- 4cover and let the potatoes and garbanzo cook about 10 mins or until the curry seems to thicken a little.
- 5with the back of a spoon, mash some of the potatoes and beans, add a little more water and let cook another 10 - 15 mins till the curry has thickened.
- 6mix in lemon juice, stir well.
- 7pour into serving dish, garnish with mint leaves and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aloo Channa Tarkari (Potato and Garbanzo Beans in a Curry)
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.2
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 770.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: