Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 large onions
- 1⁄2 coconut
- red chili powder
- garam masala
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dhaniya powder
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- clove (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Wash Basmathi rice and soak it for 15 minutes.
- Cut potato into big pieces.
- Cut onions into thin slices and fry them in 1/2 spoon of oil.
- In a blender grind fried onoins, coconut and all masalas to make it a thick paste.
- In a pressure pan or a deep sauce take oil.
- When it gets heated add the paste and potatos and fry it for 3 min.
- Add rice and 4 cups water and let it cook until the potatoes are tender and rice is cooked.
- Serve hot with raitha and/or papad.