Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
serve with rice or roti with lime pickle.
- 250 g aubergines, cut into bite size pieces with the skin on
- 200 g potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 an onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Fry the finely chopped onion until translucent in the veg oil.
- Add the salt,chilli powder,turmeric,yogurt and cumin and s stir fry for 2 -4 minutes.
- then add potato and aubergine and tomatoes.
- Simmer on a medium heat for 20-30 minutes until the aubergine and potatoes are soft. serve topped with the coriander!