Recipe by Color Guard Mom
I got this from an internet source a while back. They taste just like the potatoes served at the luaus at the Hale Koa in Honolulu! Yummy!
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the sweet potatoes in their jackets until tender, about 25 minutes. Let cool and then cut into slices about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- In a large skillet melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and water and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add sweet potatoes.
- Cook gently, tossing lightly until sweet potatoes are glazed.
- Top with coconut before serving.