Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I added strawberries to my mom's dump cake recipe. The results are simply DIVINE! Plus, it's the easiest dessert I've EVER made. Try it!
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup strawberry, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb flaked coconut (see directions) (optional)
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour pineapple and its juice into a greased 9x13 casserole/baking pan.
- Sprinkle coconut over the pineapple, then sprinkle the strawberries over the coconut.
- Spread dry cake mix evenly over the layers of strawberries/coconut/pineapple. Dot the cake mix all over the top with the pieces of butter.
- DO NOT MIX.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until top is slightly browned.
- Cool and serve.
- You can leave out the coconut for those more picky eaters, it turns out wonderfully gooey!