Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
A want-to-try recipe from Quick Cooking.
Top Review by LilPinkieJ
I knew I'd like this one after reading the ingredients, and I was right. It's very tropical tasting. The quick bread has a nice crumb to it, without being too dense. The only change I made was to add some rum extract. Wow that was a good idea. I would like to use macadamia nuts next time. I will make this again soon! Made and Reviewed as a Recipeextra for ANZ Recipe Swap #25 - Thanks! :)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup banana, mashed ripe (about 2 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in banana, milk, orange peel and extracts.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fold in the coconut, nuts and pineapple.
- Transfer to a greased 9x 5 x 3 inches loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Yield: 1 loaf.