Recipe by Canadian in Minnesota
These work really well for when you have company coming over for dinner - or when you just want a taste of Hawaii for yourself!
- 8 large skewers
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pork tenderloin
- 1 small pineapple, peeled or 14 ounces pineapple slices, drained
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water. In a large bowl, stir ketchup with soy, sesame oil and garlic. Slice tenderloins in half lengthwise, then into 1 inch chunks. Add pork to ketchup mixture and turn to coat. Let stand at room temperature 20 min or cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile cut fresh pineapple lengthwise in quarters. Then slice into large chunks. If using canned pineapple, slice each ring into 3 pieces. Slice onion into 4 wedges, then slice each wedge in half crosswise. Cut pepper into quarters, then cut each quarter into 4 pieces. Place all in a bowl and lightly drizzle with oil. Toss to coat.
- Oil grill and heat barbecue to medium. Alternately thread meat, pineapple and vegetables onto skewers. Place kebabs on grill. Barbecue, covered, turning occasionally, until meat is firm when pressed, 10-15 minute Serve over rice.