Recipe by BrendaM
This is a great summertime dessert, especially if you want to make something to take to a barbeque.
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar (confectioners')
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 (19 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients Mix graham wafer crumbs, melted butter, sugar and cinnamon.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of this mixture for topping.
- Press the rest into an 8 x 12 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes.
- With mixer, cream butter and icing sugar.
- Add egg yolks and beat until light.
- Spread over the cooled crust.
- Beat whipping cream until stiff.
- Fold in pineapple.
- Spread over the second layer in the pan.
- Sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture over top.
- Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Cut into squares to serve.