Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this interesting take on sloppy joes in my Kenny Roger's cookbook.
Make and share this Aloha Joes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground round
- 2 garlic cloves (pressed or minced)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble meat into pan and cook until no longer pink. Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic and onion, cook until onion is soft. Drain and discard excess fat. Sprinkle meat mixture with salt and pepper. Add tomato sauce, worchestershire sauce and chili powder. Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes. Stir in pineapple. Remove from heat. Spoon onto buns.
These sloppy joes were so yummy. Even DH enjoyed. DS liked these a lot because of the pineapples. They were great with cheese. thanks Nancy :) Made for PRMR tag game
Made for your latest Football Pool win & a nice change from the more typical sloppy joes. I have the more adventurous palate at our house, so I took a cue from 1 of the reviewers & reduced the amt of chili powder a bit for DH. I also used crushed pineapple because I had it on-hand. DH picked this recipe to make for your win & was pretty proud of himself that he could pick so well. He suggested I take some lessons in picking winners from him. :-)
Very good and a different take on sloppy joes which we enjoyed. Next time i'll used less chili powder, but they were great as is. Made as directed. Thanks for sharing!