Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this on Mr Breakfast, I love Pina Colada's & this is full of the same flavours.
- 4 cups regular rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 4 ounces shredded coconut (about 1 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup raw macadamia nuts (8 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup honey (depending on your sweet tooth)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup dried pineapple, chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare a 10 x 15 inch baking sheet with a generous coating of cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir together oats, brown sugar, wheat germ, coconut, nuts, and both seeds.
- In a small saucepan, heat canola oil, honey and vanilla until just bubbling. Pour hot mixture over oat mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Spread granola evenly over prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until coconut is lightly browned - stir granola around at least twice during the cooking time.
- Remove from oven and add the dried pineapple pieces. Continue to stir up the granola as you allow it to cool a few minutes.
- Store in airtight container until ready to serve.
I like this recipe, I didn't have any macadamia nuts to hand so I substituted a 1/2 cup of golden linseed and some dried mango Just a word of warning , this is very very sweet, with 3/4 cup of sugar and 1/3-1/2 cup of honey it is too sweet for my taste. When I next make it I will put less sugar in. The dried fruit I had was sweetened as well so thats another source of sugar. To summarise great recipe add less sugar and some more fruits and vanilla