Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
adapted from keyingredient.com. Making for my Superbowl party!
- 12 king's hawaiian original rolls
- 1 lb deli ham, shaved
- 1 lb swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and mix in mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion and poppy seed. Bring to a low boil and gently simmer for several minutes, until onions soften.
- In a greased 9x13 pan, place bottom half of rolls and spread 1/3 of the onion mixture over the bottom of the rolls, followed by the ham and cheese.
- Replace the tops of the rolls and spread the remaining onion mixture over top.
- Cover pan in foil and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove foil and cut sandwiches apart into 12 servings.