Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A full meal salad that only needs a cool beverage to keep it company. The cooking time is chill time.
- 1 (8 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups cooked ham
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- lettuce leaf
- 1⁄3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tbsp juice.
- In large bowl combine pineapple, rice, ham, water chestnuts and onion.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, salt (if using), and reserved pineapple juice.
- Pour over ham mixture and toss to coat.
- Stir in apple.
- Serve on lettuce lined plates sprinkled with macadamia nuts and coconut.
Here's a great tasting salad ~ I particularly enjoyed the pineapple & brown rice withthe ham, with the chestnuts & apple adding a nice crunch! I probably went overboard with the nuts, using almost 1/2 cup! This is a definite keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Went to the Market cooking game]