Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
A hawaiian fruit punch. Mmm...
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chopped gingerroot
- 2 cups guava juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 -4 cups pineapple juice
- Add 1/4 cup water to ginger root. Boil 3 minutes. Strain.
- Add the liquid to the guava, lemon and pineapple juices.
- Make a syrup of sugar and remaining water. Cool.
- Combine with juices and pineapple. Chill throroughly.
Very tropical and fruity. Refreshing without being sticky or cloyingly sweet. Would also make a nice non alcoholic spritzer with a splash of club soda or ginger ale. Served it to my book club for the book, The Descendants, by Kaui Hart-Hemmings, which took place in Hawaii. Quite the hit!