Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I made these about ten years ago...then lost the recipe. I finally found it trapped in one of my old recipe books!
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, WELL DRAINED
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts, I've used chopped pecans..just as good
- Preheat oven to 375°F Lightly grease/spray cookie sheets.
- Place brown sugar, shortening, egg, orange juice, vanilla extract and lemon extract in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Add to shortening mixture; beat at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in pineapple, coconut and chopped nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonsful 2-inches apart onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are just lightly browned.
- Do not overbake.
- Cool 2 minutes before removing to cooling racks to cool completely.
The flavor of the cookies is really good. Love the ingredient combination, and the level of spice is just right. They aren't that sweet, but you don't miss the sugar taste. They are a very moist, soft cookie - almost cake-like. Thanks for sharing them, Parsley.