Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
A little taste of the tropics...this is a much appreciated jar gift...
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup coconut, firmly packed
- 2⁄3 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup dates, chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Layer ingredients in order given in a 1 quart wide-mouth jar --
- For the flour mixture -- add baking soda and baking powder to the flour mixture so this can be added in one step.
- Press each layer firmly in place.before adding the next ingredients.Attach the following instructions:.
- Empty jar of cookie mix into a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix.
- Add: 1 stick butter or margarine, softened.Please do not use diet margarine or butter in this recipe.1 egg, slightly beaten, and 1 tsp vanilla extract --
- Mix until completely blended. You will need to finish mixing with your hands.
- Shape into balls the size of walnuts --
- Place 2" apart on sprayed cookie sheets.
- Press cookie down slightly with a flat bottomed glass.
- Bake at 350* -- for 11-13 minutes until tops are very lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet.
- Remove cookies to racks to finish cooling.