Recipe by Sue Lau
Baked chicken wing appetizers with a fruity pineapple-orange based sauce. Very good! Great for parties and sports get-togethers.
Top Review by Terriyaki 2
These were super easy to make and disappeared fast. I used apricot-pineapple preserves, 2 garlic cloves smashed and minced and a 1" piece of fresh ginger. Prefer fresh to powdered. I think next time I will increase the garlic and ginger to give it a bit more spark. But, all in all, it was delicous. Would be great as a main dish using chicken legs and/or thighs.
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 cup pineapple preserves
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut wings into sections and discard tips or save for another use.
- Place wings in a large resealable plastic ziplock bag.
- Stir together preserves, sherry, orange juice concentrate, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, garlic, and ginger, until thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture over wings in bag and seal.
- Work marinade over all parts of chicken wings and allow wings to marinate, refrigerated, for 6 hours or overnight.
- Place wings on a foil-covered baking pan and pour 1 cup of the marinade over the wings; discard the rest of the marinade.
- Bake wings at 350F for 1 hour.