Prep 6 hrs
Cook 1 hr
Baked chicken wing appetizers with a fruity pineapple-orange based sauce. Very good! Great for parties and sports get-togethers.
- Cut wings into sections and discard tips or save for another use.
- Place wings in a large resealable plastic ziplock bag.
- Stir together preserves, sherry, orange juice concentrate, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, garlic, and ginger, until thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture over wings in bag and seal.
- Work marinade over all parts of chicken wings and allow wings to marinate, refrigerated, for 6 hours or overnight.
- Place wings on a foil-covered baking pan and pour 1 cup of the marinade over the wings; discard the rest of the marinade.
- Bake wings at 350F for 1 hour.
These were super easy to make and disappeared fast. I used apricot-pineapple preserves, 2 garlic cloves smashed and minced and a 1" piece of fresh ginger. Prefer fresh to powdered. I think next time I will increase the garlic and ginger to give it a bit more spark. But, all in all, it was delicous. Would be great as a main dish using chicken legs and/or thighs.
I've made these wings for the past two football seasons. And they are now my signature and is requested all the time. There are some people who suggest the apricot perserves instead of the pineapple. I actually couldn't find the pineapple reserve so I just used a can of pineapple, the ones that are in their own juice. I don't drain the juice but instead add it to the marinate or I'll use frozen concentrate pineapple juice. I haven't tried to the apricot suggestion but I think I'm going to make two batches, one with pineapple and one with apricot. Thank you for posting this! I had to edit this review. The last time I made these wings, before I poured the entire marinate over the wings, I took a cup of the completed marinate and stored it and a few days later, I used it for on chicken stir fry. That is something that I'll certain do again! Thank you again for posting this recipe.
We loved these! I made them for the SuperBowl, just DH and me, and we ate them all up!