Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
You can now buy boneless chicken wings from the market! You can also use other pieces of chicken, just use about 12 legs, or 6-8 thighs also. These taste great with steamed rice, or just alone! These are great for those game parties and both adults and kids love them. I always try to line my pans with aluminum foil or parchment paper help with cleanup afterwards, but that is just something I do! This can serve 6 people if each one has about 4 each.
- 25 chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, poweder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (or 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking pan with aluminum foil and spray the foil well with nonstick cooking spray. Lay the chicken wings in a single layer in the pan. Prick the skin with a fork a couple of times.
- Combine the cider vinegar, garlic, and the spices together to make a baste. Brush the chicken with a basting brush well and bake for about 30 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, combine the canned pineapple, ketcup, brown sugar, and soy sauce. After the 30 minutes, spoon the sauce over the chicken and bake for another 15 minutes, turning once. Spoon the additional sauce over the other side of the chicken wings and continue to bake until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Remove the chicken from the pan immedietly and serve warm. You can also reheat the chicken quickly in the oven for about 10 minutes and hot, or even on the grill as well!