Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I don't remember where this recipe came from but it's very tasty. I normally double everything except the chicken since I like lots of sauce.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 (8 ounce) cans pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- hot cooked rice
- Flatten the chicken to 1/4 inch thickness. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and shake to coat.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear and chicken is cooked thoroughly. Remove and keep warm.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a small bowl, combine juice and cornstarch until smooth. Add to skillet.
- Stir in honey, soy sauce, and pepper. Boil for 30 seconds or until thickened. Add pineapple and chicken; heat through.
- Serve over rice.
Simple to make, delicious and the kids love it.
Good recipe and easy to make. I think I'll try it next time with grilled chicken! Thanks!