Recipe by That Napa Chicken Ranch
Found this recipe on the back of a McCormick Coconut Extract Box. This cake is so moist and everybody loves this cake. I have added shredded coconut on the top of the cake and it is marvelous! But I love coconut.
Top Review by mollypaul
VERY easy to make and quite delicious. I used a Betty Crocker Butter Recipe cake mix and followed the recipe as written. Baboo said he thought the cake was lovely and light. We didn't have any issue with its appearance at all. I'm adding it to our permanent repertoire! :-)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 4 teaspoons coconut extract, divided
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, stirring 3 teaspoons of the extract into batter before baking.
- Pour into greased and floured 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan.
- Prepare pudding mix as directed on package, stirring in remaining 1 teaspoon extract.
- Spread pineapple and pudding over cake.
- Frost with whipped topping.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve.