Recipe by Lorac
A tropical treat! An easy quick bread for any occasion.
Top Review by Alisa Lea
I made this the other night for Lorac's cook-a-thon. I subbed sliced almonds for the macadamia nuts since that was what I had on hand. I used foil pans and sprayed them with with baking spray and had no problem with it sticking. I think it was even better the second day. Nice flavors.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1⁄2 cup grated coconut
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, sugar, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients together, add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 3-inch loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and let cool on wire racks.