Similar to Almost White Castle Hamburgers, but different too. Try them both and decide for yourself which one you like. Of course, we think these are the BEST - hope you do too! If a product name is mentioned, it's just what we personally use or prefer; other brands will work just as well I'm sure. Got this recipe from a friend and as Lucy said: "Here is a recipe for the best Whities you've ever had! Be sure to make a bunch of them - they go like hotcakes!!!" Figure 2 to 4 Whities for appetizer servings, 3 to 8 Whities as a main course. (Remember that teenagers will consume vast amounts more than we middle aged parents!) Sometimes it's impossible to find the 24 to a package party rolls, much less in an aluminum tray. You can use the rolls in a 12-pack - you'll just end up with bigger Whities.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Brown ground beef and drain off fat if necessary.
- 3Add the package of onion soup mix and the cheese and mix well.
- 4When the cheese is melted, add the mayonnaise and mix until well blended.
- 5Slice horizontally through the rolls so you end up with a top and a bottom.
- 6Spread mixture over the bottom rolls. Add a pickle slice if desired.
- 7Place the top of the rolls back on and set the whole thing back into the aluminum tray the rolls came in and wrap tightly in aluminum foil. (Or just wrap in foil if there's no aluminum tray.).
- 8Bake for 20 minutes.
- 9To serve, set on plate and break apart into individual rolls.
- 10These freeze well, but freeze without the pickle slice. You can bake these frozen, they'll just take a little longer in the oven.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almost White Castle Hamburgers - Whities - Take 2
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.8
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 59.1 mg
- Sodium 983.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 26.7 g