Recipe by Chef Doozer
These are really close to the real thing. My family was in heaven! They're great for dinner, football parties, or kid's birthday parties. I'm not real fond of White Castle myself but I gobbled these up. Note: To freeze: Assemble hamburgers less the condiments. Flash freeze, wrap in plastic wrap, put in a ziplock bag and label. To heat: Microwave until heated through.
Top Review by nyangeldivine
Tried this recipe for the first time and its a winner. The title is perfect- almost white castle. Its pretty much there. As a native new yorker who would buy em by the sackful, I would say these would definitely make the cut when ur craving. Kids and hubby loved them. I used 2 lbs ground chuck and spread a layer of dehydrated onion on the bottom of the pan. Toasted the buns first(just our preference), then used the damp paper towel in the microwave to get that steam feel. Wonderful recipe. Will use it again.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 (4 tablespoon) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 24 small square dinner rolls
- American cheese (optional)
- pickle (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup mustard
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Hamburgers: Mix first 6 ingredients and press into an ungreased 10 by 15 inch jelly roll pan.
- Prick with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Drain off juices (if there's a lot of excess).
- Cut into 24 squares.
- Place squares on dinner rolls.
- Combine mustard and ketchup and spread on rolls.
- Top with pickles and cheese, if desired.
- This makes 12 servings of 2 hamburgers each.