Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
We've tried for many years, like others, to replicate Wendy's Chili. I've made friends with a local Wendy's franchise manager, and over the past few weeks, we've tried to replicate what we think is Wendy's chili... sorry, but no help on the hot sauce, except for it seems similar to Chinese Hot Sesame Oil, or Hot Chinese Chili Sauce...
- 3 lbs round steaks, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 48 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 28 ounces tomato sauce
- 48 ounces chili beans
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 medium sweet onions, Minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, MInced
- 1 lb tomatillo, Minced
- 12 ounces beer
- 2 green peppers, Large, Minced
- Use food processor to mince all ingredients.
- Melt butter and olive oil.
- Add minced steak, minced onions, minced garlic, pepper, cumin, and salt.
- Brown meat, and carmelize onions. Approximately 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add minced Tomatillos, stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chili powder.
- Heat over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add one 12oz bottle beer. Continue over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add minced green peppers and Chili Beans.
- Continue to simmer for minimum of one hour. Add salt and pepper to taste.