1/2 Photos of Almost Waffle House Hash Browns
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I love the hashbrowns you can get at Waffle House.I love mine fixed the way they call them "Scattered,Smothered,Chunked".But I don't always have the time or the money to go very often.So I decided to come up with what I consider to be close enough to them to satisfy that "Waffle House Hashbrown Craving".You could use regular potatoes that have been peeled and shredded,but for this recipe I prefer to use the refrigerated ones.Serve with your favorite style eggs and toast. Submitted to "ZAAR" on February 13th,2008
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 1 Tablespoon margarine in a medium sized non-stick skillet,over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and diced ham,cook until onion is soft and ham is heated through.
- 3Spread ham and onion into an even layer,add rest of margarine in center of ham/onion mixture.
- 4Cover ham/onion mixture evenly with shredded potatoes.
- 5Cover potatoes with salt and pepper.
- 6Cover with lid and let brown for about 5 to 10 minutes.(depending on how brown you like your potatoes).
- 7Remove lid and divide into 4 pieces,turn each piece over to brown other side.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almost Waffle House Hash Browns
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.9
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 31.7 mg
- Sodium 711.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 11.7 g