Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick, easy soup that uses ingredients that I keep on-hand. All measurements are general, and you may substitute your own favorite ingredients -- including vegetable stock so that it is truly a vegetarian dish.
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chunked
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 0.5 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can le seuer peas (or 1/2 package frozen peas)
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 -2 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and black pepper
- In a heavy stock pot, melt butter and saute onions until they are clear.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and carrots. Let cook at a boil until veggies are tender.
- Add corn, and, again, bring to a boil.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Allow to cook together for another 10 - 15 minutes.
- Serve with corn bread or other good bread, or fix rice to add to your soup bowls.
This is very good! So quick and easy, with ingredients easily on hand, you can have a nice bowl of soup in no time and its easy enough to change out vegetables to suit what you have in the frig at the time. Thanks for sharing your recipe :) Made for PAC Spring 09
I love this recipe! I didn't put the cayenne papper in (some of my family mambers don't like hot or spicy things), but it tasted just as good!