1/1 Photo of Almost Vegetarian Vegetable Soup
Sheff Libby's Note:
This is a quick, easy soup that uses ingredients that I keep on-hand. All measurements are general, and you may substitute your own favorite ingredients -- including vegetable stock so that it is truly a vegetarian dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chunked
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 0.5 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can le seuer peas (or 1/2 package frozen peas)
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 -2 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and black pepper
- 1In a heavy stock pot, melt butter and saute onions until they are clear.
- 2Add broth and bring to a boil.
- 3Add potatoes and carrots. Let cook at a boil until veggies are tender.
- 4Add corn, and, again, bring to a boil.
- 5Add all remaining ingredients.
- 6Allow to cook together for another 10 - 15 minutes.
- 7Serve with corn bread or other good bread, or fix rice to add to your soup bowls.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almost Vegetarian Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (556 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.9
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 1123.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.4 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 16.8 g