Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
You can make this totally vegan if you replace the eggs with 1 tablespoon of egg replacer and 1/4 cup water.
Top Review by 1007619
Excellent, very lovely, tasted like custard pie, and my family couldn't even know it was gluten and dairy free! I used ground almonds instead of rice flour, it doesn't taste almondy at all and its quite healthy, especially if you use splenda instead of sugar!
- 1 1⁄2 cups soymilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups pumpkin, cooked and mashed
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray a 9-inch deep dish pie pan with cooking spray. A deep dish is recommended because this pie will rise a lot during cooking but will fall back down as it cools.
- Put the first five ingredients in the blender, and blend well.
- Add the pumpkin, and puree. Add the remaining ingredients and blend on high for 2 minutes, stopping to scrape the sides a couple of times to make sure everything is thoroughly blended.
- Pour into a pie pan and bake for about 60 minutes. The top and edges should be brown, but the edges should not be over-done.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the counter. For best results, refrigerate until chilled before eating.