Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
You can make this totally vegan if you replace the eggs with 1 tablespoon of egg replacer and 1/4 cup water.
- 1 1⁄2 cups soymilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups pumpkin, cooked and mashed
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray a 9-inch deep dish pie pan with cooking spray. A deep dish is recommended because this pie will rise a lot during cooking but will fall back down as it cools.
- Put the first five ingredients in the blender, and blend well.
- Add the pumpkin, and puree. Add the remaining ingredients and blend on high for 2 minutes, stopping to scrape the sides a couple of times to make sure everything is thoroughly blended.
- Pour into a pie pan and bake for about 60 minutes. The top and edges should be brown, but the edges should not be over-done.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the counter. For best results, refrigerate until chilled before eating.
Excellent, very lovely, tasted like custard pie, and my family couldn't even know it was gluten and dairy free! I used ground almonds instead of rice flour, it doesn't taste almondy at all and its quite healthy, especially if you use splenda instead of sugar!