Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are so easy to make, and really are similar to tootsi rolls. Yield is depending on how you cut them.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 3 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- In a small saucepan or in the microwave melt the butter with shortening, cocoa powder and salt until completely melted.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl; add in the remaining ingredients; mix well until blended (I start with a spoon then use my hands to finish mixing).
- Turn onto the counter or a board; knead until smooth (you will need a lot of hand powder for mixing this batter).
- Shape into desired-shaped logs, wrap in wax paper.
- These will harden and develop in flavor with sitting time.