Recipe by ChickNpie
Who doesn't love an authentic Taco Bell Taco? Ever try and make them at home only to end up with a meat substance that resembles NOTHING of Taco Bell's? Well.. this recipe is the closest I have come, and I never get complaints ;)
Top Review by ladyfingers
I gave this three stars because it didn't really seem like a new recipe to try; rather, just an addition of refried beans into your basic taco. I liked the suggestion, but the mixture tasted VERY salty, even without the directed addition of more salt. I then tried to dilute it a bit with water, hoping to take some of the saltiness away. That helped, and the refried beans gave the meat more substance. Nothing to rave about, but definitely more filling than a typical taco.
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 250 ml can low-fat refried beans (we use mild)
- 70 g packetold el paso taco seasoning
- 4-6 taco shells
- 236.59 ml shredded cheese
- 236.59 ml chredded lettuce
- 118.29 ml sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 or 425 (for the taco shells).
- Brown meat.
- Add can of refried beans (we think THIS is the secret ingredient).
- Add taco seasoning.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper and heat until beans are heated all the way through, remove from heat.
- Brown taco shells.
- Prepare tacos with whatever you like.