Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I tried this on a whim since we had some strawberries sitting in the refrigerator. I served with some white chocolate pudding and brownies for dessert one night. It tasted pretty darn good. So I thought I'd share.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking (You can also use 1/2 cup of granulated Splenda)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup of chopped strawberry
- 1⁄2 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Add 1/2 cup of water to the saucepan
- Slowly stir in Splenda and continue to do so until fully incorporated
- Add the strawberries and allow mixture to boil
- Continue to boil mixture until the syrup takes on the strawberries' color and the fruit begins to cook down
- Stir in the corn syrup
- Remove from heat and allow it to at least cool slightly before serving.