Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
For a quick way to enjoy an old favorite, stir up stuffed green pepper makings in a skillet. This easy one-pan meal is requested so often I even make it when I'm not in a hurry.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked instant rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown beef; drain. Set beef aside and keep warm. In the same skillet, combine water, tomatoes, green peppers, onions and seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are tender. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in beef; return to the stove and heat through.