Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
1 dish main course of ground turkey, egg noodles and cream of mushroom soup plus a few added ingredients chosen by my 8 year old son and you've almost got Stroganoff. Great for those who aren't big sour cream fans or who just don't have it on hand.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup caesar salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Add 1/2 tbsp butter to skillet on medium heat.
- Add beef and begin to brown.
- Immediately, in a different pan add 6 oz of egg noodles to a pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, stirring occasionally.
- Immediately, saute 1/2 large yellow onion and minced garlic in 1-1/2 tbsp butter over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once ground turkey has browned, add 10.75 oz can of cream of mushroom soup, 1 cup caesar salad dressing, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp salt and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain noodles, once they've reached the desired tenderness and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add ground turkey mixture and continue cooking on medium-low for 5 minutes.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese and serve.
This was wonderful and quite a surprise to DH and I. I have never heard of using caesar salad dressing in stroganoff before (I always have used sour cream) but this gave it more flavor and made for a delicious dish. I cut the recipe in half and I did add the whole can of soup for more sauce and also I added mushrooms to the onions and garlic and sauteeed them then added to the meat and a little minced red pepper for some color. I did top it off with parmesan and some minced fresh parsley. One I will definately make again!!! Thank you. Made for SPRING PAC 2010.