Recipe by eightthirty
1 dish main course of ground turkey, egg noodles and cream of mushroom soup plus a few added ingredients chosen by my 8 year old son and you've almost got Stroganoff. Great for those who aren't big sour cream fans or who just don't have it on hand.
Top Review by mama smurf
This was wonderful and quite a surprise to DH and I. I have never heard of using caesar salad dressing in stroganoff before (I always have used sour cream) but this gave it more flavor and made for a delicious dish. I cut the recipe in half and I did add the whole can of soup for more sauce and also I added mushrooms to the onions and garlic and sauteeed them then added to the meat and a little minced red pepper for some color. I did top it off with parmesan and some minced fresh parsley. One I will definately make again!!! Thank you. Made for SPRING PAC 2010.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup caesar salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Add 1/2 tbsp butter to skillet on medium heat.
- Add beef and begin to brown.
- Immediately, in a different pan add 6 oz of egg noodles to a pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, stirring occasionally.
- Immediately, saute 1/2 large yellow onion and minced garlic in 1-1/2 tbsp butter over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once ground turkey has browned, add 10.75 oz can of cream of mushroom soup, 1 cup caesar salad dressing, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp salt and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain noodles, once they've reached the desired tenderness and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add ground turkey mixture and continue cooking on medium-low for 5 minutes.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese and serve.