This is not the typical pasta or fruit salad. Really nice and light for a summer day!
Make and share this Almost Rainbow Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup fresh strawberries, thin slice
- 1⁄2 cup raw carrot, scrubbed and match-stick cut
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, match-stick cut
- 1⁄2 cup orange bell pepper, match-stick cut
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas, ends trimmed, cut in half, long way
- 2 green onions, medium dice
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar (more to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper (to taste)
- salt (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, adding oil of choice in amounts you desire. (I like a flavored oil if I decide to use just white vinegar instead of balsamic).
- Toss and chill.