Recipe by Happy Harry #2
This is not the typical pasta or fruit salad. Really nice and light for a summer day!
Top Review by Thorsten
Although my wife (Chef Inge 1505) has alraedy reviewed this great recipe and submiited the photos, I will have to review it, too. Because it is really great. It brings together all the colours of the summer with a delicious taste. In the beginning I could hardly believe that so many ingredients would come well together. But what a surprise! My recommendation: Try it, love it.
- 3 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup fresh strawberries, thin slice
- 1⁄2 cup raw carrot, scrubbed and match-stick cut
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, match-stick cut
- 1⁄2 cup orange bell pepper, match-stick cut
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas, ends trimmed, cut in half, long way
- 2 green onions, medium dice
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar (more to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper (to taste)
- salt (optional)