Recipe by Always in the kitchen Connie
This sounds a little boring, but it is really quite good. Kids and picky eater friendly. Who doesn't like ground beef, corn and potatoes. The top forms a great crust, and everyone fights for the edges. Call if almost payday, because no matter how broke you are, there is usually some ground meat in the freezer, potatoes in storage, and canned corn in the pantry.
Top Review by nkoprince08
This is a great, easy casserole. The only changes I made were to slice my potatoes and fry them up with the butter instead of using mashed so I just omitted the milk. My husband and I both really liked this as is, but also thought you could add a can of soup just to add to it, we might give that a try next time just to see how it compares!! Great recipe, thanks for posting!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 medium potatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons margarine, divided
- salt, pepper to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground chuck with onion.
- Salt, and pepper meat to taste.
- Drain oil.
- Peel and boil potatoes, until tender.
- Add 2 tablespoons margarine, and milk to potatoes.
- Salt to taste.
- Grease a 2 1/2 quart oven deep dish pan.
- Place ground chuck on bottom.
- Pour the two drained cans of corn over top of chuck.
- Top with mashed potatoes.
- Place remaining margarine over potatoes, in thin strips.
- Bake in preheated oven 400 degrees, for 1 hour.